24 August 2008

Run around the square

The cheering section

Yesterday was my first 5k race of the year - the Run Around the Square. I'm not really in great shape between an injury in July and then the distraction of Silas. Nonetheless, I had a decent time for me. 23:59. Placed 237th out of 1183 overall and 27th out of 76 in my age group (35-39). It was a good time. I felt strong for the first time since breaking my foot and getting back on the roads this year. I could have finished with a better time, but was being cautious and also get stuck in slow groups on the trails at a few places.

Bethany and Silas came down to cheer me on. It was fun to have them there. There were a lot of significant others with new babies at the finish line. I think it's a good world to introduce them to.


Bethany's learning how to feed Silas in public. :)

Congratulatory hugs

Beer helps recovery

1 comment:

Steph said...

Congrats on the run, Eric. I could never hope to be that fast! And, this may seem strange but thank you, to Bethany for breastfeeding in public. It really is the best way to help normalize breastfeeding for future generations!