14 August 2008

Highland Park hike with Guthrie

Highland Park has been sort of a knot of roads and trails that I happen across from time to time, but have no clue how they all connect and intertwine. Guthrie and I hiked around for an hour and half the other day, helping to figure some of the park out in my mind. It's a nice park with some very well taken care of areas and some that aren't so. We came across some nice stone staircases that dead end into bushes and trees, or sometimes just nothing. Artifacts of the park's past. Pittsburgh should really be proud of its parks. There are some great parks here.

Besides the mental and physical health of me on these outings this week with Guthrie, I view it as being an emotional reinforcement for him. I want him to know he's still Supremo Dog #1 in my book, and that Silas won't get in between us. There's enough love to share, but he's not really bought into that idea yet. So, I'm trying to keep him engaged and happy.




No comments: