21 August 2008

Bloomfield farmers' market


Sadly, the summer has screamed by and today was the first time I've landed in the Bloomfield farmer's market. For being three blocks from my house, I'm embarrassed that it's taken me so long. It's small, as Pittsburgh distributes its farmer's markets all over and on different days, but it was nice. It had a nice selection of veggies, including at least one organic farmer and tasty, tasty items made by My Goodies Vegan Bakery.

I met Bethany, Silas, and Bobbye up there after a nice hill climb route home from work. Bobbye bought the fixin's for ratatouille, which we ate for dinner. Bethany and I got an assortment of vegetables, organic eggs, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from a Mennonite family. Oh yeah, and some pierogies. When I cook them, it'll be my first pierogi experience in Pittsburgh, despite it being a sort of traditional food here.

No comments: