31 July 2008

Back in Running Shoes

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/2-1-2-mile-easy-training-run

After hurting my knee at our company picnic on 12 July, I had to take some time away from running to let it heal. I missed out on the Pittsburgh Triathlon because of the injury. Nonetheless, I ran an easy 2.5 miles today with Guthrie, and it felt good. The shin pain I'd been having is also gone! I guess it pays to let things heal from time to time. :)

It was a modest 10 minutes/mile average, but that included getting stopped by lights and picking up after Guthrie. I'm not displeased with the pace, as it's been so long - 22 days! My last run was in Portland, OR (business trip), on 9 July. Here is a view from the Bloomfield Bridge out over the neighborhood and West Penn Hospital.

No comments: