24 July 2008

Fish tacos and mango salsa

Oh, happy, happy, healthy dinner on a wonderfully comfortable evening!

Bethany picked up some supplies from Whole Foods, and made a great bowl of tasty guacamole. I made mango salsa and fish tacos (tilapia). I used a recipe from Simply Recipes for the mango salsa and sort of made things up for the tilapia, which I marinated in olive oil, serrano pepper, garlic, chili powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper before grilling. I have to thank Elise of Simply Recipes for posting the salsa recipe, as it was great. Sadly, my tilapia concoction didn't end up as flavorful as I'd hoped. Maybe next time. Nonetheless, it was good and super healthy. Check out Elise Bauer's blog, Simply Recipes, when you get a chance. She's doing our bellies a service by posting her wonderful recipes...

Mango Salsa, up close.

Tilapia on the grill.

All together now. The cheese was a bad choice on this first taco. The rest were better without it.

No comments: