15 July 2008

Introduction and Plan of Action

So, blogging...

In 2005, I moved to Pittsburgh, PA, for my current job. It's been an interesting ride. I've found myself dug into a weirdly (for me) unhappy hole. I really don't know if it's this city, my job, our complete and utter disaster of a house renovation, or what. So, my intent here is find something generally positive to post about daily. I think this will be a good experiment for changing my mood. It will be a nice stream of data that can, perhaps, give me a glimpse into some larger patterns in my life, hopefully ending this spiral of ever-increasing life complication.

It will also allow me to write casually about things that are very important to me, such as green building, sustainability, cycling (commuting, racing, and for no purpose beyond the enjoyment of riding a bike), art and music, etc. Much of our thoughts are imperfectly formed, and one doesn't fully realize it until one tries to communicate it to someone else...

If you have fallen upon this blog, please forgive me if I come across as alternating between immature and pedantic, as I'm sure that's the spectrum my neuroses fall into. Drop me a line with any comments.

Gracie,

-e

No comments: