25 September 2008

Hwy 93: Golden to Boulder

I didn't have much time to sightsee, but on my way up to Boulder to see Christina and Jeremy, I took some pictures from the car. The first is looking at the Rocky Mtns to the left. The picture below is looking at the Plains to the right. Wonderful edge to walk.

Bethany and I lived in Boulder for the year we were at the University of Colorado. Actually, Bethany was there for half the year, and I for the whole. We rode Hwy 93 back and forth all the time between home (or classes, in Boulder) and NREL (in Golden). The surroundings are beautiful. The road is great for driving, if nobody else is on it (which rarely happens). But, it can get scary when the weather's bad with driving side-winds. Christina reminded me that the other, scarier part is the road raging crowd on it. There are a certain few that feel it is a speedway and drive like nutcases. Happens everywhere, but takes some of the fun out of this drive at times.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are beautiful. I don't remember that road being so pretty :)