11 September 2008

The experiment has been working, sort of


So, the beginnings of this blog were to explore why I disliked my lot in life here in Pittsburgh so much. It has been an interesting trip upon reflection. I'm at work, so I can't write much. However, I ran across this comic today that does a good job of summing up what I've realized...

Maybe the natives would be friendlier to me if I gave a shit about the Steelers or about football in general.

You can read more Bellen! comics here: htp://botxbrown.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to sound snide, but I don't think it's about giving a shit about football. I think maybe it could be about not (so blatantly) disregarding value in the game, and for those who do give a shit..... Does that make any sense whatsoever?

heltones said...

Ah, but you know I save those unfiltered comments for loved-ones like you, Tim, and especially Matt. :)

I'm much more diplomatic with the general populace. Maybe I shouldn't be, as you guys like me (more or less). hehe.

Anonymous said...

As a native who doesn't care about football, I want you to know that you are not alone. There are only a few of us, but you are not alone.

Stick with me and I'll teach you about the life that occurs during Steelers games. It's quite fun and you can meet others like yourself.

heltones said...

I don't want anyone to think I'm being overly serious about this blanket statement stuff. It's mostly tongue in cheek. I'm also sure it mostly boils down to my not dealing with adversity...

This is a fine town. It's obvious I think that from the ride reports I've posted along the way. This is a very pretty place.

heltones said...

And Karen, you are a gem in this city. I'm sad we so rarely get to see you...