11 October 2008

Strip District outing with Bethany and Silas

We were continuing on the wild goose chase for mason jars. Evidently, so few people or so many do canning here that they have a city-wide shortage. A manager at Giant Eagle yesterday told me that they marked them down a few weeks ago to sell them all off. Evidently, they don't sell enough during the non-harvest parts of the year to pay to keep them in stock. Even the co-op's cupboards were bare. I think that sucks and is not a great message. Bethany told me that Maya had the same problem last week. Who knew? Are other cities like this?

Bethany always complains I don't bring her down to the Strip. Well, I'm here all the time, as I walk down this street almost every day during lunch at work (my office is ~2 blocks away). Plus, the weekends are nuts in the Strip. People clogging the sidewalks and stores. I take the Strip for granted, of course. I understand why it's fun. I am just used to relatively short lines.

We ate at Chicken Latino, a nice little Peruvian restaurant that replaced a crappy bar/restaurant that I suffered through one meal at three years ago. I tend to get their 1/4 chicken, black beans, and fries lunch special and add a side of fried plantains. Today, I tried the pork. Good stuff. Check out Bethany's blog for another picture. You can find that here.

No comments: