19 October 2008

Great grandfather's chair


A while ago, my father and stepmother sent us my great grandfather's rocking chair. It's been in a crate at work for a few months, and I was getting a bunch of heat at work about that. So, this was the weekend to dismantle the crate and bring it home. I have a picture somewhere of the crate when it was delivered, but can't find it now. Here are a few from the dismantling process. The Dewalt boxes are empty (alas). They were filler to take up volume around the chair in the crate.

Once the crate makes it to its final spot in the house, I'll post a picture.


Dave helped take it apart. Fun Friday night. I owe him a beer or bike tube or something.


The term "station wagon" is certainly a little anachronistic, and none of the car companies use it anymore. However, this style of car is so utilitarian and gets good mileage.

No comments: