20 January 2009

Silas and the guitar

Every night, almost, I give Bethany and break and hang with Silas for some time. Usually we read and play. Most nights we also make the bed up like a campfire and sing songs and fiddle around on the guitar. A few times I really think he was trying to sing with me. I love that I get to spend this time with him.

Tonight, he was pretty grumpy and didn't want to sit around. I put the guitar down on the bed and was playing with him. Bethany started folding clothes at the far end of the bed, and Silas decided today he'd figure this whole guitar thing out. I'm not sure how soon he'll be able to play, but it was fun watching him touch all the parts, give it a bite test, and then faceplant on the neck of the guitar when he slipped. When I play, it's really sweet how he'll stare at my eyes and mouth for a while, then he'll watch my right hand strum and pluck at the strings, and then watch my left hand on the neck of the guitar, all big eyed and taking in all in. It's fascinating to watch him. Maybe I'll set up the tripod sometime at take a video (sound turned off, of course!). In the meantime, here are a few pictures from him checking it out on his own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you turn the sound off, we won't be able to hear Silas's vocal stylings! Keep the sound on please :)