21 January 2009

2008 bike mileage


I finally got around to tallying the miles on the bike last year.

1,843 miles. That's what the GPS says. I did screw up here and there forgetting to start the watch or forgetting it altogether, so the actual mileage is slightly higher. The total elapsed time, including stops and whatnot was 158 hours.

Most of the summer would have been pretty consistent mileage, but I had a number of work trip that took me out of town for 3-5 days at a time. It tapered off when Silas was born in August.

Except for a few days at the end of the year and occasionally driving for a part work day on my way to the airport for a work trip, I commuted by bike to/from work every possible day of the year. I'm guessing it works out to about 200 to 225 work days at 5.5 miles per day. So, I feel good about offsetting over 1,000 miles of car commuting with the bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'tapered off' is a nice way to say that your wife begged you to come home so she could take a nap! :)