16 July 2009

Light bulb follow up

Nothing has come of my disappointment about not recycling the fluorescent lamps at work. I need to corner the two guys who did it, so I've at least talked to them and find out if management told them to throw them away or not. Bethany called this a pretty funny passive aggressive move, but I added a line to the working list whiteboard regarding the failure to recycle. Obviously, they don't go back over it very often, because they'd surely know who wrote it if they had.

It does seem a bit silly, but I think it's more funny than anything. I get worked up about this stuff, but in the end try not to let it get too serious. I have mixed results at that, of course, but I try.

PS. I opted to highlight some of the text on the board with a 'black highlighter' like the CIA does. The company gets weird over things, and if they find this post, I don't want to give them the easy rationale for firing me of disclosing company secrets. :) I doubt they'd do it, but it's best not to push my luck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You actually did one better than the CIA...they sometimes just change the font to solid black squares...changing the font to something else, and tada!

heltones said...

Ha! That's great. I hadn't heard that.