11 July 2009

Disappointment and embarrassment


This is what I found in my company's dumpster after work Friday. That's right, 30 or so six-foot T12 fluorescent tubes. I saw the two people replacing them during the day. One actually participated in the greeening of the company meetings when we were having them last year. I'm not surprised they threw them away instead of recycling them, but it still tears at the small amount of soul left in me. Pretty impressive for a company with a vision statement that includes six mantras, two of which are "health" and "environmental responsibility."

These guys know about the mercury content. They know the tubes are suposed to be recycled. They also couldn't care less.

I'm also pretty sure it's against city ordinances to throw them away like this. Not that the city enforces this sort of thing.

No comments: