21 March 2009

Canoecopia: wood canoes

I didn't end up getting much time to walk the floor at the show. I was processing kayaks in an active area of 'kayakland' and couldn't break away. Here are a few pictures of some sexy wood canoes. Nothing feels like a wood canoe on the water. The materials also have a wonderful dampening quality on the vibrations that cause the brash noises that travel over long distances from other canoe materials. Someday, I'll be able to afford a beauty like one of these. In the meantime, I'm happy enough to have a pair of nice paddling canoes that get me out on the water when I can make the time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to someday MAKE your own wood canoe. Either way, I will be happy when the day comes that I can paddle one (but not so happy about carrying it to the water).